2014 National Alcohol Policy Scorecard, produced by National Alliance for Action on Alcohol, is released 8th January 2015.
Commencing 2013, the National Alcohol Policy Scorecard is an initiative of the National Alliance for Action on Alcohol (NAAA) and aims to:
- raise awareness of progress in alcohol policy development within Australian States/Territories and Federally;
- recognise good practice in alcohol policy; and,
- motivate governments to continue to strengthen and improve alcohol policy.
The National Alcohol Policy Scorecard covers each of the eight State and Territory jurisdictions, as well as the Federal jurisdiction in Australia. The scorecard consists of 10 alcohol policy criteria against which each jurisdiction’s performance has been benchmarked. The results of the 2014 benchmarking are based on:
- The scores and the accompanying comments provided by a minimum of two expert assessors in each jurisdiction;
- Information NAAA requests from each jurisdiction;
- NAAA research regarding the status of alcohol policies and programs in each jurisdiction; and,
- Comparison of 2013 and 2014 scores.
Further information- National Alliance for Action on Alcohol