Available seven days a week
13 7848 (13 QUIT)
Information, advice, encouragement and support for tobacco smokers who want to cut down, quit and stay quit.
Call Quitline and
- Request a free quit kit
- Talk to the specially trained telephone advisors
- Take part in the free callback service, where advisors ring back to support you while you are quitting
- Give you information and advice about quitting smoking
- Help you assess your level of nicotine dependence
- Provide strategies on preparing to quit and staying quit
- Provide information on products and services to help you quit
- Encourage and support you in your quit attempts
- Assist you to work with lapses or relapse
Ring or SMS 13 7848 (13 QUIT)
Calls from landlines are the cost of a standard call.
Calls from mobiles are charged at the standard rate.
See below for lines in languages other than English.
|Monday to Friday||7.00am – 10.30pm|
|Saturday and Sunday||9.00am – 5.00pm|
|Public Holidays||9.00am – 5.00pm|
Outside these hours you are welcome to leave a message with your name and contact phone number and a Quitline Advisor will call you back.
Quitline Multilingual Lines
Callers can phone the following numbers to speak with a Quitline Advisor in their own language or to leave a message to be called back in their own language. Message instructions are given in the appropriate language.
|Arabic||1300 784 803|
|Chinese (Cantonese & Mandarin)||1300 784 836|
|Korean||1300 784 823|
|Vietnamese||1300 784 865|
Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) is available for most other languages.
Websites for quitting