Welcome, festival-goers and party enthusiasts! As the season of music festivals approaches, we find ourselves eagerly counting down the days until we can immerse ourselves in vibrant melodies and unforgettable moments. But what about that one little snag?
The notorious exorbitant prices of alcoholic beverages inside the festival grounds.
Fear not, fellow revellers! In this ultimate guide, we unveil some clever and innovative ways to sneak your favourite libations past security without breaking a sweat or emptying your wallet. Get ready for an adventure where ingenuity meets fun as we delve into the art of sneaking alcohol into a festival – because who says you can’t enjoy a cold one while dancing under starlit skies?
Why sneak alcohol into a festival?
There are a few reasons why people may want to sneak alcohol into a festival rather than purchase it from the vendors inside. While it is important to follow the rules and regulations of the festival, there are some valid reasons why individuals may choose to bring in their alcohol.
- Cost savings
One of the main reasons people opt to bring their alcohol to festivals is to save money. Festival drinks can be notoriously expensive, with prices often inflated due to the limited options available within the venue. By bringing your alcohol, you can avoid spending excessive amounts on costly drinks and instead stick to your budget.
- A wider variety of drink options
Festivals often have limited drink options, especially when it comes to alcoholic beverages. This can be frustrating for those who have specific preferences or dietary restrictions. By bringing your alcohol, you have more control over what you consume and can ensure that there are options that suit your taste buds.
- Avoid long lines
Another reason for sneaking alcohol into a festival is to avoid having to wait in long lines at the bar or drinks tent. With thousands of attendees all wanting a drink at once, queues for drinks can become overwhelming and time-consuming. By bringing your supply of alcohol, you can skip these lines altogether and spend more time enjoying the festival.
- Maintain energy and hydration.
Attending a festival requires a lot of physical activity, such as dancing, walking around, and standing for long periods.
Tips for hiding alcohol
- Use empty sunscreen bottles: One of the most effective and inconspicuous ways to hide alcohol is by using an empty sunscreen bottle. Clean out the bottle and fill it with your favourite liquor, then reseal it with the original cap. This works especially well for clear alcohols like vodka or gin.
- Hide it in food containers: Another clever way to sneak alcohol into a festival is by hiding it in food containers. For example, you can pour beer or wine into a Thermos flask and label it as iced tea or lemonade. You can also use hollowed-out fruits like watermelons or pineapples to hold alcohol, as they are not likely to be inspected closely.
- Conceal it in a camera case: If you have a digital camera with a removable lens, you can easily remove the lens and place a small bottle of alcohol inside the camera case. This trick is perfect for sneaking in small amounts of liquor without arousing suspicion.
- Choose discreet packaging: When purchasing alcohol, opt for brands that come in discreet packaging, such as cans that resemble soft drinks or water bottles that look like sports drinks. These will blend in seamlessly with other festival-goers’ beverages and prevent any unwanted attention.
- Utilize your clothing: Some clothing items make great hiding places for alcohol if designed correctly.
There are a variety of methods for sneaking alcohol into a festival, but not all techniques may be suitable for every individual or every event. To help you make the best decision on how to sneak alcohol into a festival, we have compiled a list of recommended types that you can choose from based on your personal preferences and the specific circumstances of the festival.
- Disguised containers:
One popular method of sneaking alcohol into festivals is by using disguised containers. These are regular-looking items such as sunscreen bottles, water bottles, or even hollowed-out books that have been modified to hold and dispense alcohol discreetly. While this method can be effective, it requires some planning and creativity in order to avoid detection. Additionally, depending on the size and type of container used, it may only be able to hold a limited amount of alcohol.
- Plastic bags with hidden pockets:
Another way to bring alcohol into a festival is by using plastic bags with hidden pockets. These specially designed bags have secret compartments where you can store your drinks without anyone noticing. They come in various sizes and designs, making them easy to blend in with other items you would typically carry around at a festival, such as snacks or souvenirs.